Wednesday, November 23, 2011

I want my first home! Where do I start finding out about mortgages and other issues for first time buyers?

My boyfriend and I are thinking of buying our first home, I'm a student, therefore minimal income (until summer 2008), he works, and we know nothing about buying property. We started saving up recently and have a few hundred pounds but from now on we want to start saving more every month until next year, when we want to get a mortgage.





I have seen banks offer mortgages with 0% deposit required, should I be wary of these? How about interest only mortgages? There's so many types of mortgages, it's hard to figure out the advantages and disadvantages of all.





Apart from a deposit, what other kind of money allowances should we make (I know we should put money aside for stamp duty, furniture and repairs/diy for the new house). Is there anything else we should think about?





Any other useful information?





Thanks!I want my first home! Where do I start finding out about mortgages and other issues for first time buyers?
Congratulations on the step of home ownership. What ever you do ....PLEASE Find a first time buyers class in your area.... Then call a local bank a mortgage officer should know if you are not comfortable with that person move on to another.....Stop all thoughts and go to a free home buyers class. Very Important...

No comments:

Post a Comment